I thought I'd list some of the foods that have caused me to scream/whine/cry/run out at 2 a.m. because I just can't live without them:
- Cottage Cheese (pretty typical of every pregnancy)
- Peanut butter & jelly (triple layered...also a usual suspect)
- Beets. Especially with the cottage cheese.
- Pineapple. And I've added it to some pretty in-pineapplely things lately (mayo, tuna...)
- Tuna. Since pregnant women & kids are warned to eat no more than 1 can/week, I have had to control this one. But jeez, that one is awfully good.
- Ultra-processed cheese product (cheese whiz/velveeta). Gross!
- Shrimp. Tons and tons of shrimp.
- Spaghetti and meatballs. Actually just meatballs.
- Cheeseburgers (only early on. now they sound awful)
- Salt. Which is odd. I don't normally eat any salt.
- Oatmeal. With butter and brown sugar. Mmmmm...
- Philly cheesesteaks. Or at least a decent hoagie. Is that too much to ask???? Too bad the nearest good one is about 2,000 miles away.
- Water. I know that seems odd, but I drink an ungodly amount of water every day now. I think about it all the time. It's my favorite thing right now.
Thank God for prenatal vitamins, or this kid would be screwed.